Freedompop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How integration of network works in phone ?

3 posters

Go down

How integration of network works in phone ?  Empty How integration of network works in phone ?

Post by Admin Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:48 pm

I believed this was because of the custom ROM freedompop guys create to work on THEIR network

but when i flashed different ROM ( BLUEkingdomROM) the phone is still connects to the THEIR network , huh ?

I think i am missing something here , may be they ROM was built for fp phone from some user OR the FP has

installed some hardware INTO the phone which i highly doubt .

The reason i was thinking this is this might be the technology that might use for the BOYD in the future.

Admin
Admin

https://freedompop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How integration of network works in phone ?  Empty Re: How integration of network works in phone ?

Post by adolfo.galvan Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 pm

FreedomPop is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator of Sprint. That is, they buy network time from them and resell it. Examples of others that do this on Sprints Network are Boost (owned by Sprint), Virgin Mobile, Ting, and Republic Wireless. The other operator that sold this phone was the smaller US Cellular which uses their own network and roams onto others (like Cricket or MetroPCS does). Whether you have a phone that was sold on Boost, Sprint, US Cellular, or even internationally, the hardware is the same. So any ROM written for any of these will work. The data settings are a different issue. These have to be written into the ROM for use on multiple carriers. Since these ROMs work, our MVNO is using Sprint's network and not their own.
The radio of the phone lies in a place in the phone that is best flashed carefully and separately. Most custom ROMs leave off the radio part. Thus a ROM designed for US Cellular or Sprint will work on this phone without hurting it. However, since Sprint also uses the WiMax radio, ROMs designed other carriers will miss writing for the hardware on the phone that they don't need (i.e. the few 4.1 ROMs out there do not support WiMax as the creators of those ROMs had US Cellular service).
Because of this, any SPRINT phone that someone will bring to FreedomPop will be able to be activated. Sprint MVNOs have the toughest time to BYOD to their networks. Also, MVNOs for Sprint will lock the device to not work on another one, even the phones radio is programed to work on the same network. Don't even think about bringing a Verizon, US Cellular, Cricket, or MetroPCS phone. Even if the phone has the same frequencies that Sprint uses built into the phone, Sprint needs the radio ID on the phone (ESN or MEID) registered on the network to work.

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

How integration of network works in phone ?  Empty Re: How integration of network works in phone ?

Post by Admin Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:05 pm

Ah ! i see. So i believe the ONLY way all the FP phones are working on the network is because they registered all the MEID or ESN obviously.

Why they have to wait so long if its only registering the MEIDs ESNs on the network for the BOYD ?

Admin
Admin

https://freedompop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:28 am

It has to exist in the Sprint's system already. The phones FP has are not US Celluar or international models. They are ones that were already in Sprint's system. The only devices that will work in BYOD are ones in the system already. It seems though that Sprint gives MVNOs a hard time activating phones that where once on Sprint. Only a handful are able to activate BYOD units (Ting is one of the better ones that even allows LTE devices to be activated). FP most likely has to be able to get approval from Sprint to do this. This is what I think is taking the longest time.

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by dinomite Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Only Verizon and Verizon keep a database of their of their phones serial info. There's a way to bypass, but it's require both knowledge on hardware and software levels. Many people will say it's illegal to do this, but keep in mind, if ya paid in full for the phone, you have every right to use the phone on any carrier. The primary reason why these carriers do not want y'all to use other carrier's phone because they're GREEDY. Let me explain...they want you to spend money on their brand only. This has nothing to do with the law, but it's simply about greed. They have lobbyists to work on their behalf, so they can continue to feed on this lucrative ecosystem ...

dinomite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down