Freedompop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie: voice mail and forwarding

3 posters

Go down

Newbie: voice mail and forwarding Empty Newbie: voice mail and forwarding

Post by JerryC Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:46 pm

I'm new here - just got my Freedompop HTC Evo Design and am learning about it. This may be a dumb question, but voice mail is not standard, is it? Am I correct in that I need to pay if I want voice mail, or get a google voice number and somehow use that for voice mail before I go around giving out my new freedompop phone number. Can someone help clarify? Thanks- JerryC

JerryC

Back to top Go down

Newbie: voice mail and forwarding Empty Re: Newbie: voice mail and forwarding

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Personally, I would only use a Google Voice number. No matter what phone number you have, you give out one number. You can even port your old number for $20. And it comes with Visual Voicemail!

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by JerryC Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:52 pm

That's probably what I'll do then, port my old phone number over to Google Voice. I have a Google Voice phone number already that I have never used because even though it is in my same local area code, for some odd reason, you have to dial a 1+ the area code and then the number just like it was a long distance call, which is irritating. This is from a landline at least, I can't recall if it is that way from a mobile phone.
Thanks- JerryC

JerryC

Back to top Go down

Post by jlummel Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Being the same area code doesn't guarantee a phone number is going to be a local number!

I live in the northwest part of the state and had to get a phone number from a city in the southeast part of the state that's 300-400 miles way to get the same area code as my local number. There is NO way that number is a local call from my home phone though.

Luckily anyone who would call me on my cell phone would be using a long distance service with free nationwide calling anyways, so it isn't a problem.

jlummel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down