The FP Icon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The FP Icon

Post by Athelas on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:51 am

How can I make sure the FP icon is present? Most of the time it isn't there and I can't receive calls.

Athelas

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The FP Icon

Post by jlummel on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Athelas wrote:How can I make sure the FP icon is present?  Most of the time it isn't there and I can't receive calls.
It should show up automatically when it's able to see the SIP server at the other end.

On mine, I have a problem where my ISP (Suddenlink) filters the official SIP port, so I have to be on a cellular data network for my phone to work from home or when I'm visiting friends who also have the same ISP.

FreedomPop needs to allow the user to select a different SIP port, as this was how I fixed the problem of the SIP filtering when I was using VOIPo for my home phone service.

But you may be having a similar problem if it works over 3G or 4G, but not on WiFi.

James

jlummel

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The FP Icon

Post by ocakavy on Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Did you try checking your home router settings, maybe it can be unblocked or you might be able to "allow" the port you need for it to work

ocakavy

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The FP Icon

Post by Athelas on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 pm

jlummel wrote:
Athelas wrote:How can I make sure the FP icon is present?  Most of the time it isn't there and I can't receive calls.
It should show up automatically when it's able to see the SIP server at the other end.

On mine, I have a problem where my ISP (Suddenlink) filters the official SIP port, so I have to be on a cellular data network for my phone to work from home or when I'm visiting friends who also have the same ISP.

FreedomPop needs to allow the user to select a different SIP port, as this was how I fixed the problem of the SIP filtering when I was using VOIPo for my home phone service.

But you may be having a similar problem if it works over 3G or 4G, but not on WiFi.

James
Yeah, it seems like the symbol is only there when I'm on 4G. How do I fix that?

Athelas

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The FP Icon

Post by jlummel on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Athelas wrote:
Yeah, it seems like the symbol is only there when I'm on 4G.  How do I fix that?
Check your router setting (as suggested by ocakavy above) and ensure the filtering isn't happening there. If it's not the router then you need to report it to FreedomPop and then wait for an update to the messaging app to allow non-standard SIP ports to be used.

Does it work on 3G?

James


Last edited by jlummel on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

jlummel

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The FP Icon

Post by Athelas on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Please forgive my ignorance -- where is the router setting and how can I know whether it is performing some kind of filtering?

And another issue beyond this -- even when I do have the FP Icon and am well connected to both 4G and Wifi at the same time, more often than not, I still cannot place or receive calls. I am pretty confused. >.< I do have the updated messaging app. I've also tried talkatone and a couple other similar apps. There is sporadic success sprinkled in a sea of failure with everything I've used. Very fickle.

Athelas

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The FP Icon

Post by jlummel on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Each router has a different manner to check for filtering, you'll likely either have to do an Internet search for your model and follow those instructions or have whoever set the router up for you help.

If WiFi is turn on, the phone will always attempt to use it for phone calls even if you turn on 3G or 4G. So if there are problems with using WiFi for calling, then if it's on you can't make or receive calls or text messages. But you can retrieve voicemails if you use the FP visual voicemail service over WiFi.

James

jlummel

Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The FP Icon

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum