Freedompop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to do a factory restore

+2
Admin
adolfo.galvan
6 posters

Go down

How to do a factory restore Empty How to do a factory restore

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:03 am

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE. PROCEED AT YOUR ON RISK!

1. Turn off your phone by removing then reinserting the battery.
2. Hold the Volume Down and Power key at the same time until the phone powers on. You will be in the HBOOT menu. DO NOT CLICK FACTORY RESET HERE OR ANYTHING ELSE HERE THAT I DON'T TELL YOU! Click the volume key down once to highlight RECOVERY. Then click the Power button to select.
3. You will be in ClockworkMod Recovery. I recommend doing a backup first just in case you want to go back. Click volume down to select 'backup and restore'. Click 'backup'. It will take about 5 minutes or so. Volume down to 'Go Back' and press power to get to the main menu.
4. Volume down to 'wipe data/factory reset'. This will delete any personalization customizations that have been done.
5.Make sure the 'reboot system now' is highlighted and press the power key to reboot.

Last edited by adolfo.galvan on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Disclaimer!)

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

How to do a factory restore Empty Re: How to do a factory restore

Post by Admin Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 pm

It didn't work for me Sad , now it only shows up HTC (white screen) not even the freedompop booting up sign .??

is there any rom freedompop rom available on the internet ? or can you please upload you created that 900 mb file , that would be great !

Admin
Admin

https://freedompop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:32 pm

Can you get back into the CWM recovery?

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Getting into CWM is important. If you did a Factory Reset in HBOOT, then you may have to do a more intensive recovery.

If you can get into it, try out the ForgottenKingdom ROM. It works much better to be than the FP Rom. The HTC Sense software can be added or removed in the install of the ROM.

As for the file, I need to create a flashable ZIP for CWM. And I don't want FP's legal team coming after me so I cannot post it publicly. It might be better if you can ask for a download so that you can reflash it. If you get one you can post it here!

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks....I flashed the kingdom Rom but its only showing 3g ?? how to i enable 4g ?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:08 pm

If you are using the Forgotten Kingdom ROM, the 4G switch is in the pull down menu. Click on Quick Settings and you should see the 4G toggle. On the BlueKingdom ROM you need the 4G Toggle for EVO app. Do a search in the Play Store for it (I cannot post links due to site policy).

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 pm

I don't see the 4g toggle in the rom and i downloaded the 4G Toggle for EVO when enabled doesnt show the 4g icon in the bar , confused.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:01 pm

It won't show up in the icon bar. However, if you don't see the 3G icon, it has detected 4G and you are on. It seems you have the BlueKingdom ROM. There is no clear indicator that you are on except that. I really like that ROM, but that would be the only complaint that I have with it. I am currently on the ForgottonKingdom ROM and dealing with the HTC Sense stuff that's left over.

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:38 pm

how do i bring this setting/view ??

How to do a factory restore Juz3b9

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:07 pm

It should be on the ForgottenKingdom ROM. It is NOT on the BlueKingdomROM.

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 pm

It looks like bluekingdomROM is the lastest update on forgottenkingdom rom series.. it's really confusing on this rom .

i use to see 3g icon before after download the 4g toggle , i don't see it anymore even when i restart everything.

Also i have noticed the speed is very slow on the network compare to freedompop rom ..

They don't answer anything when i ask for the ROM , i don't know why ,either its way beyond there level or we might never see the original ROM unless someone uploads it with permission.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:02 pm

The 3G icon goes away when it is on 4G. I think that you will like the ForgottenKingdom ROM better. I would download and flash it. Make sure that you do a factory reset like above before you flash it. I am working on a guide and will post it when it is ready. I am working on a ZIP file for the FP ROM as well. I wish there was more support for this phone, but the developer that made those 2 ROMs seems to be the only one actively working on this phone. The CM9 ROM looked promising, but it seemed to be still very raw.

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spitfire Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Will any sprint rom work on this phone? I haven't checked out what they have yet, but that'd be cool. I like to use AOKP when possible.

Spitfire

Back to top Go down

Post by majus Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:14 pm

I've done the factory restore.  Nearly everything seems to be working correctly, but I've lost the "WiFi Tether" app.  The "Wi-Fi Hotspot" switch in Quick Settings produces a WPA2 protected network with an unknown password (not 'password', or 'Password')  Various Tether apps from the Play store all seem to fail.  Any ideas about how to restore the "Wi-Fi Tether" app and its' functionality after a factory restore? Thanks!

majus

Back to top Go down

Post by slopeshred Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm

majus wrote:I've done the factory restore.  Nearly everything seems to be working correctly, but I've lost the "WiFi Tether" app.  The "Wi-Fi Hotspot" switch in Quick Settings produces a WPA2 protected network with an unknown password (not 'password', or 'Password')  Various Tether apps from the Play store all seem to fail.  Any ideas about how to restore the "Wi-Fi Tether" app and its' functionality after a factory restore? Thanks!
+ 1 I have the same result. I have an email out to the support team to see what they recommend. I was surprised to see that the factory ROM did not include the messaging app and the Wi-Fi Tether app.

slopeshred

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:35 pm

Copy and paste the site below. This is the app that they use for Tethering. It has been around a long time for rooted phones. Make sure that you activate unknown sources. It looks checked, but you will have to uncheck it and recheck it again to take!

code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by majus Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:46 pm

"This is the app that they use for Tethering"
Great, Thanks. I seem to be close now... I can connect with any of several versions of the app using the settings on the forum here, but still cannot receive data (have tried with a couple different android tablets.) Can you specify the exact version of the app and settings that you know to be working? Thanks so much!

majus

Back to top Go down

Post by adolfo.galvan Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 pm

adolfo.galvan

Back to top Go down

Post by ocakavy Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:10 pm

u can do a restore by the settings/storage scroll down to the bottom and click factory data reset

ocakavy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum