Freedompop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Navigation Jittering/Jumping Screen Issue

Go down

Navigation Jittering/Jumping Screen Issue Empty Navigation Jittering/Jumping Screen Issue

Post by Wilenski Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Experiencing issues with the (GPS) Navigation in Maps. The screen jitters and jumps like crazy when trying to use Navigation.

I have discovered, while using Navigation (Phone is in Vertical position) that if you go to the Home Screen, and then turn the phone Horizontally (Horizontal Position) and then slide the Tasks/Notifications down from the "top" (now from the side) and then go to Navigation from the Icon there and also must always remain keeping the phone in the Horizontal Position.  The Navigation Screen will not Jitter, a long as you keep the phone in the Horizontal Position!

Wilenski

Back to top Go down

Navigation Jittering/Jumping Screen Issue Empty Re: Navigation Jittering/Jumping Screen Issue

Post by Wilenski Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:31 pm

I installed Maps v6.14.4. No more Jittering on Navigation or on the Maps and as a bonus got the Navigation Icon back. Smile (also has the automatic off-line caching, version 7.x doesn't include this feature anymore!)

The phone will revert to the original version of Maps when you reboot unless you follow these steps.

1. As a precaution, backup the Original Map Application (I used Titanium Backup)
2. Force Stop & Delete the Installed Map Application (I used the Antek App Manager)
3. Install Maps version 6.14.4 (This is the one I installed.  Note: Unsigned Versions will fail to install. You will get a Warning Prompt about replacing a Factory App and are you sure...)
4. Tick the Fast boot option under the Power Options in Settings. (If fast boot is not ticked Maps will revert back to the original version after a reboot.  Also, If you do not delete the original Map version prior to installing the new version, the original Map version will revert back after reboot.)

EDIT: With all said above on the Map App reverting back to the original version... I believe that all is needed it to is to disable the automatic app updates in the Play Store App!

Last edited by Wilenski on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 6 times in total

Wilenski

Back to top Go down

Navigation Jittering/Jumping Screen Issue Empty Re: Navigation Jittering/Jumping Screen Issue

Post by Wilenski Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:10 am

I have not found a fix with Navigation Jitters on the original Map version installed on the phone.  Turning off Auto-Rotate Screen in the display settings and Navigation is doesn't fix the Jittering! Installing a prior version on Maps did eliminate the Jittering Issue!

Wilenski

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down